College of Engineering Dow Sustainability Master’s Fellowship – 2024 Call for Applications
Current students driven by a passion for fostering positive change and equipped with an eagerness to address the pressing sustainability challenges of our time may want to consider the Dow Sustainability Fellowship Program. College of Engineering (CoE) students are uniquely positioned to make a lasting impact in building a more sustainable future.
Submit College of Engineering Fellowship Application: 8:00am EST, Tuesday, October 10, 2023 (Deadline)
The Dow Sustainability Fellows co-curricular program brings master’s and professional students from across U-M schools and colleges together to cultivate the next generation of sustainability leaders through hands-on, interdisciplinary project experiences with external partners. External partner projects are unique and in need of diverse student experiences (view past Dow Fellows’ Partner Projects). The program fosters the development of collaboration, communication, and analytical skills and supports fellows as they tackle the sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow, which are highly interconnected, and in need of interdisciplinary, collaborative problem-solving. The year-long program runs from January through December. Fellows from across campus are selected and:
- Provided $25,000 in tuition support
- Matched with an interdisciplinary team of fellows and an external partner
- Spend approximately 200 hours total on project work with their team and the external partner
- Provided funding for project travel and other allowable project expenses
- Attend monthly professional development seminars beginning with a Welcome Retreat in January
- Write a final project report and present at the Dow Sustainability Fellows Symposium
To get a sense of the Dow Fellowship experience and hear from past Dow Fellows, here is a testimonial video. The Dow Sustainability Fellowship is made possible by the Dow Company Foundation and administered by U-M Graham Sustainability Institute.
- Must be in good standing
- A SUGS (undergraduate senior with a graduation date of April 2025), masters or professional student with a graduation date of December 2024 or later
- Must be enrolled for the fellowship award terms
The College may nominate up to 10 candidates. CoE students interested in being nominated should submit this College fellowship application (due 8:00 EST, 10/10/23) If nominated, candidates will be contacted by the Graham Sustainability Institute and invited to complete the Graham Sustainability Institute’s application.
Application requirements include a <1000 word narrative, curriculum vitae or resume and transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate coursework (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
For questions about the program, contact the Dow Sustainability Fellows Program Manager, Bridget Gruber (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions about the CoE nomination process, contact Tiffany Porties, Assistant Director in the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Education (email@example.com).