University Funding Opportunities
In addition to Michigan Engineering departments and programs, researchers can explore resources internal to the University listed on the U-M Library website such as:
Center for the Education of Women (CEW) works to break down barriers and increase access through funding. Open to all U-M students, staff, faculty, and surrounding community, they offer opportunities for scholarships, emergency grants, sponsorship’s, fellowships, and more for a range of situations and life circumstances.
Dow Sustainability Fellows Program provides a range of awards for graduate students and post-docs committed to working on sustainable solutions to national and international challenges.
Ginsberg Center provides grants, scholarships, and paid internships administered by the Ginsberg Center, in support of service-learning and civic engagement projects and programs. Offered to students and student groups.
- Rackham Graduate School administers various funding opportunities for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) provides guidance and funding resources for students with disabilities.
- Students with Children
Veterans and Military Services provides guidance and scholarships for veterans and those in military service.
External Funding Opportunities
The following are external, non-University scholarship opportunities that may be of interest to University/College postdocs. Inclusion of an external scholarship opportunity is intended only as a resource for students, and does not express or imply any University involvement with, or endorsement of, the external program.
An * indicates that a fellowship may be open to international postdocs.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Science & Technology Policy Fellowships
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) American Postdoctoral Fellowships
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowships *
- Argonne National Laboratory Fellowships *
- Belgian American Educational Foundation (BAEF) Fellowships for Study or Research in Belgium
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowships
- Hibbitt Engineering Fellows at Brown University *
- John von Neumann Fellowship *
- L’Oreal Women in Science Fellowship
- Luce Scholars Program
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Sandia National Laboratories, Jill Hruby Fellowship
- Sandia National Laboratories, President Harry S. Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering
- Small Business Postdoctoral Research Diversity Fellowship
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships
- Toptal Scholarships for Women*
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Presidential Management Fellows Program
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Merck Graduate Science Research Dissertation Fellowships