About our Organization
CARE is a team of engineering students motivated by their own experiences to create options for fellow students in need of financial support. As a College of Engineering Sponsored Student Organization, CARE helps to raise funds for the endowment through initiatives targeting alumni, corporations, current students, and their families. All donations to the University of Michigan for the CARE Scholarship Fund are gift receipted by the University of Michigan and are tax deductible.
The College of Engineering recognizes that each year some Engineering students find themselves in need of $5,000 to $10,000 in order to be able to continue with their studies. This may be as a result of emergency financial circumstances, such as a parent’s loss of a job, a severe illness in a student’s family, etc. CARE’s goal is to create a $1.5 million endowment maintained by the College of Engineering that will generate $67,500 in scholarships per year.
About the CARE Scholarship
The CARE Scholarship is a one-semester award to keep students in school until their financial crisis is resolved. The College of Engineering Office of Student Affairs will be solely responsible for administering the fund, and the scholarship recipients selected will remain anonymous.
- Student schedules appointment to meet with the College of Engineering Scholarship Office to present their situation
- If appropriate, request is presented to the college of Engineering Scholarship committee for approval
- If approved, funds are disbursed to the student
Criteria for Recipients
- Full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing in the College of Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Demonstrate change in Financial Need:
- Fill out a FAFSA to demonstrate financial need.
- Show financial need as determined by Office of Financial Aid.
- Have unforeseen financial circumstances that altered the ability to pay tuition.
- Receiving this scholarship will assist student in staying enrolled at the University of Michigan.