The following companies have all recently sponsored industrial scholarships through the College of Engineering: Aptiv, AutoLiv, BASF, Bechtel, Boeing, Chevron, Cisco, DTE, Ford, J.P. Morgan Chase, Northrop Grumman, and Stryker.
All industry-sponsored scholarships share a single online application and are awarded through the Engineering Scholarship Office. You must submit only ONE application to be considered for all available scholarships listed in the previous paragraph. All students that wish to apply for an industry-sponsored scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- You must be enrolled full-time in the College of Engineering during the fall and winter semesters of the academic year for which you are applying to the scholarship
- You must declare your major prior to applying (For help with declaring, visit the Engineering Advising Center)
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You will not be participating in a co-op during the time the scholarship is received.
Applications for industry-sponsored scholarships will be accepted until 11:00 am EDT, June 4, 2020.
For the 2020-2021 year, two scholarship opportunities are available within one application. You may complete this one application for one or both of the following programs: CoE Need- and Merit-Scholarships and CoE Industry-Sponsored Scholarships. You will have the opportunity to choose one or both programs within the form. Click the link below to apply.
The application period for 2020-2021 closed on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
The next application period opens in early May 2021.
Industry-Sponsored Scholarships are awarded as funds are received from companies. Most funding is received by mid-August, however, sometimes funds don’t arrive until October-November. All students who applied will be notified if they were selected as a scholarship recipient once all funds are received from industry donors.