During his lifetime, Joseph M. Geisinger created a trust fund to provide support to forward the careers of students pursuing degrees in engineering at the University of Michigan. The scholarship program will provide $20,000 in annual support to students selected from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington or Wyoming.
- Scholarships will be awarded to first-year students entering the College of Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Prospective students should plan to submit their application for admission to the University of Michigan as early as possible (Applications for admission take 10-12 weeks to process).
- Recipients must be enrolling at the University of Michigan and pursuing an undergraduate degree program in engineering.
- Scholarship support is for four years of undergraduate support or through graduation, whichever is less.
- Annual renewal is contingent on satisfactory academic progress and maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Students can submit an application for the Joseph M. Geisinger Scholarship prior to receiving an admissions decision, however, a student must be admitted to the College of Engineering by the time the scholarship committee meets in late February to review applications.
The 2023-2024 Geisinger Scholarship application is now open! The application is open until Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). On-time status will be determined by form timestamp. No late submissions will be accepted for any reason.
To apply, please complete the online application.