The application for the Bell Scholarship is currently open until the deadline of March 1, 2021. Please click the link near the bottom of this page to apply.
Bell Trust Scholarships are awarded to first-year students entering the College of Engineering or the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other related scientific fields.
- Have graduated from high school with a grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- OR one of the following counties in Michigan: Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe, Oakland, St. Joseph, Van Buren, Washtenaw and Wayne;
- OR be a graduate of New Trier High School (or any successor school) in Winnetka, Illinois;
- OR be a graduate of the Chicago public, parochial or private school system;
- OR be a graduate of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy in Aurora, Illinois
- Be a full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science or another related scientific field in the College of Engineering or the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts.
Students awarded the Bell Trust Scholarship would receive scholarship support of $20,000 per year for recipients from the Commonwealth of Virginia, Chicago Public, Parochial and Private School systems, New Trier High School, or the Illinois Science and Math Academy. Recipients from the State of Michigan would receive a scholarship award of $10,000 per year.
Scholarship support is for four years or through graduation, whichever is less, and annual renewal is contingent on satisfactory academic progress and maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Visit www.bellscholarship.org for information and to complete the application.
For additional information, please contact John O’Grady, Trustee.
The Gloria Willie Bell and Carlos R. Bell Charitable Trust
c/o McGuireWoods LLP
800 East Canal Street
Richmond, VA 23219-3916