The Leinweber Software Scholarship Program provides financial awards to outstanding undergraduate students who are enrolled full time in Computer Science Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Data Science at the University of Michigan. These scholarship awards are for a minimum of $12,000 for the 2022-23 academic year, with the possibility of renewal.
To apply for the Leinweber Scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Sophomore grade level, (2nd-year student); and enrolled full time in the College of Engineering.
- Majoring in Computer Science Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Data Science.
- Michigan resident as determined by the University of Michigan’s Office of the Registrar.
- Interest in working in the software industry after graduation, in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- U.S. citizen, or permanent resident.
The application for the 2022-23 academic year is now open! Applications are due by Friday, June 24, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). To apply, please complete the application.